Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Having a Good Visit with my Sister

I have been really busy the last couple of weeks with my sister Wanda visiting. Not much time for writing. I would like to thank the church family for inviting us to your homes for visits and taking us out to eat, and the gifts some gave to Wanda. She was greatly thankful for all the financial gifts of support she had given to her during her visit. We have had a great time together this year. We usually spend a lot of time going hiking, but this year was very cold and wet. She did get several day walks in walking around town while I was at work. She was very grateful for the compliments people gave to her as she had three times she got to talk and share with many in the church body from the young people at Team Kid's club, and Sunday morning and also with the ladies Missionary team Monday night. I am not used to all this activity, so I am getting a little worn out, but enjoying myself just the same. I thank all those who took photos of the past few weeks and posted them on facebook, especially the funny photo of the small dog in a hot dog bun that was announcing the lunch following Sunday mornings service.

Tomorrow we will be meeting with Joanne, Abby, Jonah and Ben and we are heading up to Erie to see the Tom Ridge environmental Center. I invited them on Monday to join us. That night we were watching the news and they were showing a dinosaur display that will be showing during the month of October at the center. They tried to bring them to another museum, but a couple of them were so tall they wouldn't fit where they were originally going to display them. We will also be viewing a documentary film on Mysteries of the Great Lakes on the Big Green Screen which is over 40 feet tall. We may then go check out the Children's museum if we have enough time, or if the weather permits we may go to the Penninsula for a short hike. Joanne was excited to be asked to go with us, because last year the Home School Coop went there on a weekend, but they were not able to get there because of her work schedule. Then Thursday morning we will load Wanda's belongings in her car, and we are going to crash in on the senior luncheon at church and she will leave for her trip to Eastern Pennsylvania to go to a women's retreat with another church that supports her. I can't believe we are almost to the end of her visit already and we didn't get to do half of what we talked about. Thanks again to the church body for pouring out of love towards my sister.

I am looking forward to getting back to a familiar schedule again, so I can write on my blog again more regularly. I will write again next week.

1 comment:

  1. What a nice post...makes me feel all warm and fuzzy...we'll be praying for Wanda as she heads east and then south!

    ReplyDelete